Shoulder & Upper Extremity Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Paul B. Roache M.D. specializes in arthroscopic shoulder surgery for rotator cuff injury. He is a leader in advancing tendon regeneration using the revolutionary Regeneten bioinductive implant to repair complicated cases of rotator cuff tears. His current research focusses on cutting edge surgical techniques, and is a leading expert in superior capsule repair to improve and enhance post surgical outcomes.
Dr. Paul Roache is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons (ABOS), and is a fellow in the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS). He is an active member of the Arthroscopic Association of North America (AANA),The European Shoulder Association (ESA/ ESSKA), and the International Society of Arthroscopy, and Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS). Paul B. Roache MD completed a Fellowship in Shoulder and Upper extremity Surgery in San Francisco and a subspecialty AO Fellowship in Rotator Cuff Surgery in Zurich, Switzerland. In addition, he is Associate Faculty in Shoulder Arthroscopy at the Orthopedic Learning Center of AAOS/AANA in Rosemont, Illinois.
Dr. Roache is a specialist in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder. His practice is focused on rotator cuff Injuries, shoulder dislocations, frozen shoulder, and sports medicine injuries of the shoulder. More specifically, he is focused on joint preservation, functional restoration and tissue regeneration.
In pursuit of excellence in surgical care for his patients, he has developed an opiate sparing pathway and an integrative approach to maximize his patient’s recovery. Dr. Roache’s philosophy is to apply a balance between both minimally invasive surgical treatments and nonsurgical treatments. His practice offers a multimodal approach toward your shoulder care, using both traditional and non- traditional modalities such as physical therapy, chiropractic, Chinese Medicine, acupuncture, and yoga to lower post-op pain.
Yoga & Injury Prevention
As a former NCAA nationally ranked pole-vaulter, Dr. Roache brings an athlete’s unique perspective to injury recovery. Outside of his surgical practice, Dr. Roache is a certified yoga teacher (RYT-200), actively involved in creating continued education curriculum and injury prevention programs for yoga teachers and trainers. He teaches Shoulder Safe Yoga workshops around the world, and is the co-creator of Essential Yoga Anatomy, used in various yoga teacher training programs. He is the founder and CEO of Shoulder Education dedicated to help patients better understand their injury and treatment options.
- St. Ignatius College Preparatory, San Francisco, CA
- University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA
- University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona MD 1989
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, Santa Clara, California Internship 89-90
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, Bronx, New York, Orthopaedics 93-97
- San Francisco Shoulder and Upper Extremity Fellowship, San Francisco, CA, Complex Shoulder Elbow and Hand reconstruction. 97-98
- Boston City Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts Orthopaedic Junior Trauma, 90-91
- AO Shoulder Fellowship, Balgrist University, Zurich Switzerland Complex, Shoulder reconstruction 99
- Fellow in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Certificates
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Sonoma Valley Hospital
- California Pacific Medical Center
- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
- Presidio Surgery Center